Products liability laws are meant to protect consumers of manufactured products from injury. Products liability litigation addresses both injuries to individuals from allegedly unsafe products or insufficient warnings as well as injury to property caused by defective products.
Recent Georgia Supreme Court Decisions:
- AMERICAN HOME PRODUCTS v. FERRARI et al. (Ga. 2011) More Information & Full Text
- E.I. Dupont De Nemours & Company v. Waters et al. (Ga. 2010) (outlines procedures for appointing special master in products liability class action with voluminous discovery) More Information & Full Text
Top Rated Products Liability Resources:
Individuals may represent themselves in legal matters. Self-help should be considered when possible adverse consequences are relatively modest.
ADR Options for Products Liability:
- Mediation: Mediation is a recommended approach to resolving legal disputes before resorting to adversarial litigation. Mediation FAQ
- Arbitration: Arbitration is generally less expensive and time consuming than traditional litigation. Georgia law authorizes arbitration of a wide range of disputes. Arbitration FAQ
- Hybrid Mediation-Arbitration: Hybrid mediation-arbitration provides parties an opportunity to reach a voluntary settlement of some or all issues in dispute followed by arbitration of issues that the parties are unable to settle voluntarily.
- Case Evaluation: Case evaluation is an alternative dispute resolution method that is useful in the early stages of litigation.
- Discovery Audits or Masters: Discovery auditing service is available for litigated cases to help resolve complex discovery issues effectively.
Use the Center for Legal Solutions Georgia Attorney Directory to locate attorneys with experience in this subject area. See Attorneys listed on the right side of this page.
Our legal community-driven guide highlights the most relevant, timely, and useful links available.