Intellectual Property Law addresses the use of intangible ideas and expressions in the marketplace. Intellectual property law consists primary of copyright law, trademark law, patent law, state fair competition laws, and a variety of common law claims.
The Center's Intellectual Property Law Reference Page is under construction.
Recent Georgia Supreme Court Decisions:
- KYLE et al. v. GEORGIA LOTTERY CORPORATION (Ga. 2011) More Information & Full Text
Top Rated Intellectual Property Law Resources:
Individuals may represent themselves in legal matters. Self-help should be considered when possible adverse consequences are relatively modest.
ADR Options for Intellectual Property Law:
- Mediation: Mediation is a recommended approach to resolving legal disputes before resorting to adversarial litigation. Mediation FAQ
- Arbitration: Arbitration is generally less expensive and time consuming than traditional litigation. Georgia law authorizes arbitration of a wide range of disputes. Arbitration FAQ
- Hybrid Mediation-Arbitration: Hybrid mediation-arbitration provides parties an opportunity to reach a voluntary settlement of some or all issues in dispute followed by arbitration of issues that the parties are unable to settle voluntarily.
- Case Evaluation: Case evaluation is an alternative dispute resolution method that is useful in the early stages of litigation.
- Discovery Audits or Masters: Discovery auditing service is available for litigated cases to help resolve complex discovery issues effectively.
Use the Center for Legal Solutions Georgia Attorney Directory to locate attorneys with experience in this subject area. See Attorneys listed on the right side of this page.
Our legal community-driven guide highlights the most relevant, timely, and useful links available.
|Find Georgia Intellectual Property Attorneys|
| Dispute Resolution Pledge|
Client Communication Pledge
Pro Bono Service Pledge
Find More Attorneys