Real estate law is the name given to the branch of civil law that covers rights to possess, use, and enjoy land and the permanent man-made additions attached to it. This includes the capacity to hold interests in real property, permissible interests in real property, relations between owners, relations between owners and the community, landlord and tenant relations, the transfer of interests in real property, and real property financing, including deeds and mortgages.
Real estate transactions, such as purchases, sales, and leases, are governed by federal and Georgia state law.
A variety of dispute resolution procedures are available in disputes that arise out of or relate to real estate transactions.
Recent Georgia Supreme Court Decisions:
- ASSOCIATION OF GUINEANS IN ATLANTA, INC. v. DEKALB CO., et al. (Ga. 2013) More Information & Full Text
- VATACS GROUP, INC. v. U.S. BANK NATIONAL ASSOCIATION (Ga. 2013) More Information & Full Text
- CITY OF SUWANEE v. SETTLES BRIDGE FARM, LLC (Ga. 2013) More Information & Full Text
- MCGLASHAN v. SNOWDEN et al. (Ga. 2013) More Information & Full Text
- WELLS FARGO BANK, N.A. v. GORDON, TRUSTEE (Ga. 2013) More Information & Full Text
- BARNGROVER v. CITY OF COLUMBUS (Ga. 2013) More Information & Full Text
- PACE et al. v. TURNER et al. (Ga. 2013) More Information & Full Text
- GILES et al. v. SWIMMER et al. (Ga. 2012) More Information & Full Text
- DRST HOLDINGS LTD. v. BROWN, SHERIFF (Ga. 2012) More Information & Full Text
- HAFFNER v. DAVIS et al. (Ga. 2012) More Information & Full Text
Top Rated Real Estate Law Resources:
Individuals may represent themselves in legal matters. Self-help should be considered when possible adverse consequences are relatively modest.
ADR Options for Real Estate Law:
- Mediation: Mediation is a recommended approach to resolving legal disputes before resorting to adversarial litigation. Mediation FAQ
- Arbitration: Arbitration is generally less expensive and time consuming than traditional litigation. Georgia law authorizes arbitration of a wide range of disputes. Arbitration FAQ
- Hybrid Mediation-Arbitration: Hybrid mediation-arbitration provides parties an opportunity to reach a voluntary settlement of some or all issues in dispute followed by arbitration of issues that the parties are unable to settle voluntarily.
- Case Evaluation: Case evaluation is an alternative dispute resolution method that is useful in the early stages of litigation.
- Discovery Audits or Masters: Discovery auditing service is available for litigated cases to help resolve complex discovery issues effectively.
Use the Center for Legal Solutions Georgia Attorney Directory to locate attorneys with experience in this subject area. See Attorneys listed on the right side of this page.
Our legal community-driven guide highlights the most relevant, timely, and useful links available.
|#8 Dumbo Moving and Storage NYC: New York City Moving at Brooklyn Prices. We offer guaranteed price moving quotes and free wardrobe boxes with your move. Business opened in 2006 in our office in Dumbo, Brooklyn. (Suggested by Lior Rachmany)|
|#9 Knott, Ebelini, Hart: Attorneys At Law: Address: 1625 Hendry St. Ste 301, Fort Myers,FL 33901 || Phone: (239) 334-2722 || Florida based law firm with a team of real estate lawyers, litigators, business attorneys and other legal team members (Suggested by George Knott)|
See More Links | Suggest a Link
|#10 Commercial Real Estate Attorney: Get FREE Consultation from Padua Law Firm, commercial real estate lawyer. The firm provides legal services on commercial law transaction in Texas, Houston. Call 713-840-1411 to speak to our Attorney. (Suggested by Catherine Barnes)|| |