Landlord and Tenant law covers the relationship between residential or commercial tenants and their landlords.
The Center's reference page on landlord and tenant law is under construction.
Recent Georgia Supreme Court Decisions:
- Brookfield Country Club, Inc. v. St. James-Brookfield, LLC (Ga. 2010) (parties cannot contractually agree to expand grounds for vacating arbitrator's award) More Information & Full Text
- Covington Square Associates, LLC v. Ingles Markets, Inc. (Ga. 2010) More Information & Full Text
Top Rated Landlord and Tenant Law Resources:
Individuals may represent themselves in legal matters. Self-help should be considered when possible adverse consequences are relatively modest.
ADR Options for Landlord and Tenant Law:
- Mediation: Mediation is a recommended approach to resolving legal disputes before resorting to adversarial litigation. Mediation FAQ
- Arbitration: Arbitration is generally less expensive and time consuming than traditional litigation. Georgia law authorizes arbitration of a wide range of disputes. Arbitration FAQ
- Hybrid Mediation-Arbitration: Hybrid mediation-arbitration provides parties an opportunity to reach a voluntary settlement of some or all issues in dispute followed by arbitration of issues that the parties are unable to settle voluntarily.
- Case Evaluation: Case evaluation is an alternative dispute resolution method that is useful in the early stages of litigation.
- Discovery Audits or Masters: Discovery auditing service is available for litigated cases to help resolve complex discovery issues effectively.
Use the Center for Legal Solutions Georgia Attorney Directory to locate attorneys with experience in this subject area. See Attorneys listed on the right side of this page.
Our legal community-driven guide highlights the most relevant, timely, and useful links available.
|Find Georgia Landlord and Tenant Attorneys|
| Dispute Resolution Pledge|
Pro Bono Service Pledge
Find More Attorneys