General litigation is a broad term that encompasses a range of court proceedings. It is typically used to describe a non-specialized litigation practice as well as research and resources on procedural aspects of the law.
The Center's reference page on general litigation is under construction.
Recent Georgia Supreme Court Decisions:
- HUNT v. RICHMOND COUNTY BOARD OF EDUCATION (Ga. 2013) More Information & Full Text
- CRISLER et al. v. HAUGABOOK et al. (Ga. 2012) More Information & Full Text
- ALI v. ROSS et al. (Ga. 2012) More Information & Full Text
- BENCHMARK BUILDERS, INC., et al. v. SCHULTZ et al. (Ga. 2011) More Information & Full Text
- Broda v. Dziwura (Ga. 2010) (employee not entitled to verdict set-off based on employer's settlement with plaintiff) More Information & Full Text
- Walker et al. v. Cromartie et al. (Ga. 2010) (requirement for filing expert affidavit in professional malpractice action not violate equal protection rights of the indigent) More Information & Full Text
Top Rated General Litigation Resources:
Individuals may represent themselves in legal matters. Self-help should be considered when possible adverse consequences are relatively modest.
ADR Options for General Litigation:
- Mediation: Mediation is a recommended approach to resolving legal disputes before resorting to adversarial litigation. Mediation FAQ
- Arbitration: Arbitration is generally less expensive and time consuming than traditional litigation. Georgia law authorizes arbitration of a wide range of disputes. Arbitration FAQ
- Hybrid Mediation-Arbitration: Hybrid mediation-arbitration provides parties an opportunity to reach a voluntary settlement of some or all issues in dispute followed by arbitration of issues that the parties are unable to settle voluntarily.
- Case Evaluation: Case evaluation is an alternative dispute resolution method that is useful in the early stages of litigation.
- Discovery Audits or Masters: Discovery auditing service is available for litigated cases to help resolve complex discovery issues effectively.
Use the Center for Legal Solutions Georgia Attorney Directory to locate attorneys with experience in this subject area. See Attorneys listed on the right side of this page.
Our legal community-driven guide highlights the most relevant, timely, and useful links available.
|Find Georgia General Litigation Attorneys|
| Dispute Resolution Pledge|
Client Communication Pledge
Pro Bono Service Pledge
Find More Attorneys