Commercial Litigation refers to disputes between commercial businesses involving a broad range of matters as contractual obligations, unfair competition claims, franchise disputes, secured transactions, and intellectual property.
Distinct fields that may concern a business include labor and employment (governing relations with its own employees) and business transactions, non-adversarial legal work to accomplish such tasks as starting, buying or selling a business.
Recent Georgia Supreme Court Decisions:
- BULLARD v. MRA HOLDING, LLC et al. (Ga. 2013) (finding legal basis for lawsuit against Girls Gone Wild) More Information & Full Text
- CITY OF COLUMBUS et al. v. GEORGIA DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION et al. (and vice versa) (Ga. 2013) (upholds laws protecting billboard views against constitutional challenge) More Information & Full Text
- GREAT AMERICAN DREAM, INC., d/b/a PIN UPS NIGHTCLUB v. DEKALB COUNTY et al. (Ga. 2012) More Information & Full Text
- ROBBINS et al., d/b/a SUPERMARKET SPECIALTY PRODUCTS v. SUPERMARKET EQUIPMENT SALES, LLC et al. (two cases) (Ga. 2012) More Information & Full Text
- GROSSI CONSULTING, LLC et al. v. STERLING CURRENCY GROUP, LLC, d/b/a DINARBANKER.COM (Ga. 2012) More Information & Full Text
- GREENE COUNTY SCHOOL DISTRICT v. CIRCLE Y CONSTRUCTION, INC. (Ga. 2012) More Information & Full Text
- TAMPA INVESTMENT GROUP, INC., et al. v. BRANCH BANKING & TRUST COMPANY, INC. (Ga. 2012) More Information & Full Text
- JORDAN v. MOSES (Ga. 2012) More Information & Full Text
- MAYOR AND ALDERMEN OF THE CITY OF SAVANNAH v. BATSON-COOK CO., et al. (Ga. 2012) More Information & Full Text
- MCI COMMUNICATIONS SERVICES, INC., d/b/a VERIZON BUSINESS v. CMES, INC. (Ga. 2012) More Information & Full Text
Top Rated Commercial Litigation Resources:
Individuals may represent themselves in legal matters. Self-help should be considered when possible adverse consequences are relatively modest.
ADR Options for Commercial Litigation:
- Mediation: Mediation is a recommended approach to resolving legal disputes before resorting to adversarial litigation. Mediation FAQ
- Arbitration: Arbitration is generally less expensive and time consuming than traditional litigation. Georgia law authorizes arbitration of a wide range of disputes. Arbitration FAQ
- Hybrid Mediation-Arbitration: Hybrid mediation-arbitration provides parties an opportunity to reach a voluntary settlement of some or all issues in dispute followed by arbitration of issues that the parties are unable to settle voluntarily.
- Case Evaluation: Case evaluation is an alternative dispute resolution method that is useful in the early stages of litigation.
- Discovery Audits or Masters: Discovery auditing service is available for litigated cases to help resolve complex discovery issues effectively.
Use the Center for Legal Solutions Georgia Attorney Directory to locate attorneys with experience in this subject area. See Attorneys listed on the right side of this page.
Our legal community-driven guide highlights the most relevant, timely, and useful links available.
|Find Georgia Commercial Litigation Attorneys|
| Dispute Resolution Pledge|
Client Communication Pledge
Pro Bono Service Pledge
Find More Attorneys